Oguz Kaan Kısa · Aug. 4, 2021
Columbia University, ranked 20th best university in the world by QS World University Rankings, is one of the world's most important academic institutions. The university, which is located in New York, was founded in 1754. Undergraduate and graduate programs are available at the university. Columbia University is a world-class research institution as well as a unique and renowned learning environment for undergraduate and graduate students in a variety of scientific and professional areas. The University understands the significance of its New York location and strives to connect its research and teaching to the vast resources of a big city. It aspires to attract a diverse and international faculty and student body to promote global research and teaching, as well as to foster academic ties with a wide range of nations and areas. It expects the University to develop knowledge and learning to the highest level possible and to share the results of its efforts with the rest of the world.
There are a limited number of studios and bedrooms available, with priority given to couples and families, as well as dormitory-style housing and shared flats for students. For students with two or more children, a small number of bigger modules are offered.
- Flat Shares are one form of accommodation (Private room in shared flat)
- Room in the Style of a Dormitory (One room within a single or double room)
- Apartment Type: Studio (Priority for couples)
- Two-Bedroom / Family Unit (Priority for couples and families) One Bedroom Unit (Priority for couples and families) (Priority for families with two or more children)
All students, regardless of citizenship or country of residence, go through the identical application procedure at Columbia. The following documents are required:
- Diploma from a high school
- SAT (with a score of 650 or above) or ACT (29 or higher)
- IELTS (7.0 points) or TOEFL (450 points) (Paper based:600 points) Score
- Letter of Recommendation
For graduate study, the application process differs depending on the field. As a result, verify the requirements of the field to which you wish to apply.
The vibe on the Columbia campus is incredible, and we hope you have the opportunity to experience it. Because in this university, students' lives are valued more than their studies. There are about 500 student groups at the institution. Throughout the year, a variety of events are organized, and you will undoubtedly find something suited for you among them.
95 Nobel Laureates, 20 living billionaires, 123 Pulitzer Prize winners, 39 Oscar-winning grads, 3 US Presidents, 29 heads of state, 101 National Academy members, 77 National Medal of Science winners, and 23 National Humanities Medal recipients are among today's university graduates.
You can get a lot of help with your career at Columbia University through the career center, both while you're a student and after you graduate. You will be able to obtain a career of your choosing after graduation thanks to this center, which assists you with internships, interview preparation, and the job search process. Furthermore, you will be able to obtain experience throughout your studentship by participating in numerous internships at this institution, which is affiliated with the industry.
- Architecture, Planning and Conservation
- Fu Foundation School of Engineering and Applied Sciences
- General Studies
- Faculty of Arts and Sciences Institute of Science
- International and Public Relations
- Public health