Oguz Kaan Kısa · Aug. 23, 2021
The University of California, Santa Barbara is a prominent research institute in the United States that specializes in liberal arts. UCSB is a well-known public Ivy university in the United States. The Anna Blake School, founded in 1891, is where UCSB gets its start. Before becoming one of the 10 schools that make up the University of California, the institution that originally taught economics went through forty years of development and expansion. UCSB's facilities encompass 4 square miles of territory between California's Pacific shoreline and the Santa Ynez Mountains, near to the city of Santa Barbara.
UCSB is one of the few institutions in the United States with its own beach; it includes a lagoon and specifically constructed walking and cycling routes that encourage students to keep active even during test seasons. There is a vibrant social scene on the university campus. The Extravaganza free music festival, which attracts about 8,000 guests each spring, is the most well-known event on campus. Numerous student centers can also be found on campus. These include a local daily and weekly newspaper, a radio station, and campus activities that promote student understanding of politics and diversity issues. Actor Michael Douglas and Nobel Laureate Carol Greider are also UCSB grads.
Undergraduate tuition is about $28,000 per year. For international students, the master's tuition price is about $16,000 per year.
Leadership is a key requirement for admission to UC Santa Barbara, as it is for the university's reputation and growth. Admissions administration at UCSB is in charge of scholarship possibilities, as well as a vibrant and social campus life, as well as organizing day-to-day events for new arriving students' orientation.
- Carol Greider, winner of the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine (2009)
- Gwyneth Paltrow, Academy Award winning actress
- Robert Ballard, researcher who discovered the RMS Titanic
- Michael Douglas, Academy Award winning actor and producer
- Jack Johnson, singer-songwriter and former professional surfer
- Jason Lezak, swimmer and four-time Olympic gold medalist
- Benjamin Bratt, American actor
- Reza Aslan, Iranian-American writer, commentator, and religious scholar
- Leroy Chiao, former NASA astronaut, entrepreneur and motivational speaker
- Barbara Rush, Golden Globe Award winning actress
Students can use Career Services to help them establish and achieve their long-term objectives and ambitions. This center offers a wide range of information, activities, and consulting services in the areas of career development, internships, jobs, and graduate schools. These services are available in the following ways:
- By taking tests to uncover your abilities, interests, and personality, you may pick your specialty and choose which job you could pursue in the future.
- Learn about different professions.
- Through job fairs and information sessions, you can get experience (volunteering, internships, and research) and connect with companies.
- Prepare your CV and cover letter and prepare for an upcoming interview.
- Learn the process of applying for graduate education.
There are numerous areas where you can pursue a master's degree at the University of California, Santa Barbara. We've included a list of some of these areas below, but you may go to the university's website for further information and department selection criteria.
- Anthropology MA/PhD
- MA/PhD in Comparative Literature
- Computer Science MA/PhD
- Economics PhD / MSc
- Film and Media Studies MA / PhD
- Global Studies MA/PhD
- Linguistics MA/PhD
- Marine Sciences MA/PhD