Oguz Kaan Kısa · March 12, 2021
Test engineer; It is the person who performs tests on developed software. They work to ensure that the products created meet the user requests and ensure the satisfaction of the users. By playing an active role in the analysis process, they control the product from the very beginning to the last moment before it reaches the customer.
- Identifying parts of the product that are not suitable for flow and transferring information to the relevant unit.
- Creating a test case to test the program.
- To create the expected results corresponding to each scenario according to the analysis.
- If the desired result does not match the result returned from the program when the program is passed from the development phase to the detection phase, to follow up until this error is corrected.
- Performing all necessary tests of a product to be put on sale or to be put into use.
- Creating error reports and making the necessary arrangements.
- Performing re-checks after necessary arrangements.
- To provide the necessary arrangements in the analysis and test stages, taking into account the customer and user satisfaction.
- To provide error-free products by correcting the errors in all analyzes and tests before the product is released to the end user.
To become a test engineer, you must graduate from the Engineering Faculties of universities. Departments such as Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, and Industrial Engineering are among the faculties you need to complete in order to become a test engineer. Good foreign language knowledge is also required for test engineering.
Testing complex and detailed software products properly is a difficult and challenging process. Conducting tests effectively and efficiently depends on well-organized diverse groups, good planning, and clear definition of roles and responsibilities. Test Management includes the software testing process and the management of the person(s) and team involved in this process.
The main tasks in the organization involved in test management can be explained in general as follows:
Test Specialist (Test Engineer): The people in this position are the people who carry out the tests. Testers aim to find possible errors in the early stages of the software development process and to correct the errors found by testing.
Test leader: Planning the work to be tested, sharing the test work, and the testers themselves.
Test manager: The people who manage the test group(s) in institutions that have a test organization.