Oguz Kaan Kısa · May 1, 2021
We have clarified one of the topics that young people who want to study in the UK and live a student life in the UK are curiously researched. The whole world knows that studying in the UK is a great idea. The UK is ready to create an unforgettable part of their lives for students with its entertaining curriculum and fantastic travel plans, with successful academics and researchers. The country, which has proven its educational achievements in the international arena, opens its doors to those who want to live a student life in the UK in every aspect.
Ready to live like an Englishman? Both living and studying in the UK will immerse you in British culture in a very short time. Because you learn English not only at school; you will use it in all areas of your life. You will spend every hour of your day at school, on the bus, and speaking in English with foreign students from other countries. Consequently, there will be spikes in your accent and speaking rate.
Student life in the UK will provide you with many advantages compared to other countries. Students in the country buy many things, from books to technological gadgets. For this reason, most brands offer promotions for students. England offers a number of advantages to students in clothing, concert-theater tickets, flight tickets, furniture, technological equipment, food and more. The concept of books is very valuable in England. Most students contribute to their budgets by selling their books. But if you want to make money from books in the country; you need to take care that your books are clean and crisp.
- Regardless of what training you go for, if you are staying in the country for more than 6 months, you must register with the police at the foreigners' office in your area.
- The institution that provides all health services in England is known as NHS (National Health Service). For students who will stay in the country for less than 6 months, it provides free treatment in case of an emergency health problem. However, for students who will stay for more than 6 months; They can register by submitting a student certificate and accommodation documents to the closest health institution to the region where they are staying.
- There is no work permit for students who will attend a language school in England. Except this; Undergraduate and graduate students can work part time for 20 hours a week.
- The London Underground may be referred to as a "tube" in some places. Tube is known as the world's oldest underground transport and is the second longest subway in the world in terms of length. Students who will study in London in England have a subway network everywhere they go in the region and they do not have any difficulties in this regard.
- The card you can use for the London Underground is the "OYSTER" card. You can top up your Oyster card in automatic machines at metro stations and buy your first card from there.
- Opening a bank account is among the mandatory things you need to do about student life in the UK. If you want to open a bank account of your name in the country, you must first provide a specific address. You must then have any documents to prove your residence at this address.
- In an important detail about the country, it is the weekly system. Most payments are made on a weekly basis in the UK. These payments; It covers salary and rent.
- You can use the "rent a van" service whenever you want to move your house or your belongings. "Rent a van" are vehicle and team rental companies. You must call these companies 1 week before your move and inform them about your belongings. You can then set the price, the treaty and the time and day. Apart from that, if you are going to be transported with only a few pieces of luggage; By opening an Uber account, you can rent an Uber XL.
Although studying in the UK seems a bit more expensive than other countries, it is actually more convenient when compared to equivalent countries such as Canada and America. The reason for this is that the education period is 4 years in the USA and Canada, while it is 3 years in the UK. The country where you will receive the best education among the countries in the world will undoubtedly be the UK again. The country is famous for its huge green parks. Here, people come to the parks with their suits and high heels on their lunch breaks and enjoy the midday sun. Because the weather in the UK is mostly cloudy and rainy. For the British who want to enjoy the sun on the hill at noon, the best meeting and eating point (with take away drinks and food) is to come to the clean and tidy parks.
- British people are extremely used to foreigners, students and tourists. Don't be afraid to ask for help or ask questions whenever you need it.
- Don't hesitate to talk to students from other countries in your class. Remember, they're new and strangers there, just like you. See how to improve your English in a conversation.
- Except for some museums in London, all museums are free.
- Whenever you get bored in the UK, go to the parks to find peace. Rest assured, the parks in the country have a calming feature.
- There are countless, some even free theaters in the country that you can go to every day. Don't miss it.
- Remember that you can go to Scotland and Wales without a visa.